Thursday, May 1, 2008

Week 29

From my weekly email...

What a week! Not a lot of news to report...I'm feeling ok. The discomfort has graduated to pain at times, but I'm hanging in there and trying not to overreact! I did not see the doctor this week...So, no news on my cervix or baby.
My office is working on finding my replacement. He/She should start next week. This will give me a month to train them (God willing)!
We had to cancel our trip to Arkansas for baby showers. :( That was tough. But we will bring Eli up when he is ready and have a "birthday" party of sorts. We are so looking forward to all of you meeting him!!
He has been so active...especially at night! It is almost like when I lay down he thinks it's time to play! Matt got to feel his little kicks last week! That was so fun and exciting!!
Things are trucking along! Thank you for your thoughts and prayers! We know God is taking care of us! What a comfort!!
We love you all! ash

How your baby's growing:
Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

No comments: