Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Week 30

From my weekly email...
Ok. I'm not sure why this email came late last week, but here it is as promised in my last email.
My doctors appointment went perfect on Thursday. My cervix is short, but we lost no length.
They did what they call a "growth scan" and found that Eli weighs 3lb. 2oz. Everything measured out in the 50th percentile, which means he is an average sized boy! YEAY! Things are looking great! I will continue to keep you posted on our progress.
Hugs! Ash

How your baby's growing:
Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

1 comment:

Katie said...

hey Ash-

I just checked for blog for the first time in a while and I am so happy to hear things are going so well for you. Thanks for the updates! Love to you-

Katie Robillard