Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The World's Wisdom vs. God's Wisdom

We had a super challenging lesson at midweek tonight. It really made me wonder if I am really patterning my life after God's wisdom. The world's wisdom just makes more sense to us. It is so natural for us to run after what feels good and makes our lives easier. (I Corinthians 1:18-20) God didn't call us to comfort. He called us to a radical life of denial of self and death to self. (Matthew 16:24-26) I was most challenged when Bonny read Matthew 15:7-9...Is this me? Do I honor God with my lips, but my heart is far from him...worshipping him in vain and teaching rules taught by men? God calls me to a life of love (Matthew 22:36-40). Love is not natural. We can only do it with Him. I guess the thing I left thinking was I MUST check what I do with the Word. I can't count on my instinct because I will naturally go back to a worldly pattern and therefore not be living within God's wisdom. (Isaiah 55:8) And the conflict goes on.

No comments: