Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Almost Birthday Time



I'm so excited because Eli is about to turn 1. I can't believe an entire year has passed since he came into this world. It has been such a fun year watching him grow and change. He is a really social creature. He loves anyone and everyone who will show him a little attention. It is precious when he gives you that little 2 tooth smile! He will do anything for a laugh. He has this new shaking his head thing. I think it's the first sign of a real fit. It makes me nervous. I know he is getting ready to walk. He has truly had no interest in crawling. He can go from tummy to sitting, but no crawling. He gets really frusterated with the walking thing because he knows he can do it, but he just can't. It is really hard for him!
He loves playing with all his toys, especially the ones that have blinking lights. But only when Matt or I are in the room. He loves all technology: tv, computer, cd player and such. He really loves our talking thermostat with the blue light. When I get him up from nap he always wants to push the button and hear the man say, "Temperature is ___, Thermostat setting is ___." It is funny how exciting that is for him. He LOVES playing with anything that's not a toy, for example: rocks, jewelry and grass. He always wants the remote and cell phone. I think that is pretty normal...
For his birthday, I am planning is special day at a friend's house. They have a big back yard and we are going to have a baby water park there. Eli loves the water. He splashes at least half the bath water out at each bath time. I know he is going to love it!

No comments: