Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Thankful for Friends





I am so thankful to God for my precious friendships! My heart aches when I think of the distance that is and will soon be between us.

Today, I had the honor of hanging out with a sister that encourages my heart like no other, Emanda. I think we are kindred spirits. We struggle with many of the same challenges in this life, selfishness, worldly sorrow... Noone I know relates to me like Emanda. I love when she comes to me with the same thing I went through just a few months back, and I can give her the same advice that helped me through that time...and yet she is wise beyond her years...when I bring something to her, she is always ready to pray and go to God and will always find a scripture to challenge and change my heart.

My other New Orleans friend that has forever made an impression on my heart is Nannozi. I am so blessed to have had her through my entire time here. She is so faithful...Sticking with me through the good and the bad (and the bad has been pretty bad!). She is such a faithful sister! I know through good and bad, happy and sad, she will stay faithful, and God is so blessing her for hanging in there for so long! I can't wait to see what's in store!

Another woman who inspires my heart is Laura (our most beautiful member...or at least in the top 5). She fought to become a disciple for so long and now she won't let go of what she has for anything. She dreams of reaching heights for God that only she can. She has such a moldable heart and I am so moved by her love for God and for me!

I can't leave out Tammica while I'm rambling on and on. She is truly my best friend in this life. Noone can see my heart like she does. She is the only person in the world who can challenge me and it feels like love. I don't know how to do it...You'll have to ask her! But I know God blessed my life the day she was born.

I hate to go on forever...I feel like I need to say Cherria has been such a bright point in my life...Like walking past a field of tulips on a warm summer day. I am so inspired by the change God has made in her and how she has fought tooth and nail to survive the last few years! And Melody...I feel like it goes without saying that she inspires every life she touches. She is truly worth more to me than gold and silver! My dear friend and mom-away-from-mom, Miss Tracy, has been my strong tower during some unbearable circumstances. She was there to carry me through losing my first son and there to see the birth of my second. She serves us like NOONE EVER has! I am blown away and will give God all the glory for all she has done for me! And last, but certainly not least, I am so thankful for Stef. She lived in our back house for a while and has helped out more than ANYONE wit Eli. She is such a giving friend and sister. Her example of love and sacrafice inspires me!

I am sure I missed so many...These are the few on the tip of my tongue. More to come.

2 comments:

Davene said...

Awww. Godly friendships are so wonderful!

It sounds like you all are moving...is that right?

That 9 month pic of Eli in the sidebar is adorable!

How's Tammica doing, by the way?

ashleykaye said...

we are thinking about moving home. it is still up in the air, but we are praying about it. matt will be out of the navy for a few months while he starts going back to school and then will apply for a special officer program and be back in for 10 more years.

tammica is great! she is officially 9 weeks pregnant and all issues have cleared up!