Thursday, March 5, 2009

9 Months Old



I am trying to keep a monthly update on Eli to make sure my friends who are far away will see many up to date pictures of him and enjoy his newest adventures. This month he said his first word - "Dada". Matt was thrilled! I have a video I'll include so you can hear his precious first word. I'm working on mama, but I doubt it's coming any time soon. His new "toy" is his binky. He pulls it out and puts it back in. He swings it around and chews on it. He's gettin big enough for a big boy bath. In spite of the fact that his bathtub relcines, he HAS TO sit up. It's kind of a funny site to see. We are seeing the beginnings of teeth breaking through on the bottom. He doesn't appear to be too miserable with it for now, but who knows with him being sick he is just miserable sometimes! He's a slow bloomer on crawling and cruising. He'll stand with support, but doesn't do it on his own. I know these things will come and have no concerns about his development. We enjoyed our Mardi Gras celebration this month and a nice visit from Matt's Grandma Lois. Eli doesn't get to see his grandparents regularly, so, it's always a treat to have one come stay for a bit and be with him in his environment. The sad part was, while she was here he started coming down with this bug that's got him now...pink eye, ear infections, cough and misery. :o( SORRY, Grandma!