Monday, March 23, 2009

Goodbye Dj


I can't believe we have sent away our baby girl. We have had Dj since she was a tiny puppy, and it feels so funny to have a home without her under our feet everywhere we go. It is sinking in and becoming natural, but I have to admit I spend at least a couple of minutes a day looking for her. It is a bitter sweet thing. She was such a precious part of our lives for so long, but since we moved to New Orleans, bought our home (with wood floors) and had our son, she has just not gotten the attention and play time she used to get. I truly believe it is what's best for her.
We gave her to Susan Balsom, a friend (sister) that we met through HOPE Worldwide. She is going to be such a fun mom for Dj...I know she will have more friends and play time than she's had in a LONG time with us!
Goodbye Dj.

1 comment:

Davene said...

Aw, I'm kind of sad, too. :) But like you said, it sounds like it will be the best thing for her.