Sunday, January 3, 2010

Contentment

It is a concept that eludes me. Today, I find myself in the fight to find contment again as I sit home with my toddler who is obviously sick, but isn't acting like it, while my husband and friends enjoy sweet fellowship and worship together. Having been away from home for a month I feel I need to be there. I think of Paul when he said...
God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:8
I pray to find contentment today. Contentment in being home with my sick little boy knowing that this is where God has me today. Contentment knowing that today is a day God made and I can glorify him in it! Contentment knowing that today is one day in a million and I need to enjoy some time alone with my sick little boy knowing that someday he won't be here with me, but grown and living on his own. I'm going to choose to be content today and let God do the rest! Today is another great day of encouragement and learning on my journey towards Heaven and I will rejoice and be glad in that!

No comments: