Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Vision Quest

Years ago, when we first chose to make Jesus lord of our lives, we made a yearly Vision Quest. I can't say that I remember all of the goals that it covered, but I thought I would share my 2008 Vision Quest in hopes that others would be inspired to make their own Vision Quest...and choose to dream for God this year.

I can say for sure that my life is feeling quite dry lately. I am still grieving the loss of one baby and trying not to worry about the precious life I have growing in me now. In my efforts to protect my heart, I have built a wall, and for the most part I am completely satisfied strolling through life as if nothing ever happened, but there are moments when reality sets in and I realize that I am a grieving parent...and a worried expecting mom. So, my Vision Quest this year is geared towards where my heart is at this moment.

My Vision Quest Scripture: Romans 12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction and faithful in prayer. It is part of the scripture I have chosen to pattern my life after...my life focus scripture - Romans 12:9-13.

My Spiritual Goal for 2008 is to live out the scripture above by finding joy in the hope of heaven...and the hope of a precious new baby to hold, being patient with myself as my heart mends...and as the doctors poke and prod and work so hard to give us a baby, and being faithful in prayer...knowing that I can only meet this goal with God's help!

My Physical Goal for 2008 is to take care of myself. It's not a weight loss goal or a physical change goal...more a self-discipline goal (2 Tim 1:7). I want to take care of the body God has given me...I want to train my kids that it is important to take care of yourself...therefore, I need to live an example of this!

These are my Vision Quest Goals. I hope they inspire you towards great goals for 2008.

No comments: