Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Eli's 16 Months Old


It has been so long since I blogged I don't even know what to say. Eli is growing so fast! I am blown away by all of the "big boy" things he is doing these days. He always wants his shoes on and will go get them when he discovers he is not wearing them. He will go get his toothbrush when prompted and doesn't much like letting you brush his teeth...he thinks he does a fine job of it. He climbs in the chair at home and up the stairs at church onto the stage. He LOVES Veggie Tales. Any time the tv comes on he starts making these crazy funny noises and claps his hands and points. I try not to let him watch it too often, but it seems to be on more frequently now that he can ask for it with his actions!! He is refusing baby food and some vegetables. He is walking everywhere and rarely falls...not quite to running yet, but I'm sure that's not a long way off!! Overall, he is just a funny little guy! He entertains me all day long! He can say only a few words...daddy, mama, apple, hi (has that one down PAT!), cracker (well enough that I know what he's trying to say), nana (with some practice) and I think that's it.
Not much more to report. Matt will soon be out of the Navy...only 50 something days left or so. We are looking forward to being home for Halloween...I've got to start working on Eli's scarecrow costume!! We are still working on a couple of projects on the house, but for the most part have been having a break from that. We are still SUPER busy with leading the worship ministry at church and possibly taking on the campus ministry soon, but that is still something we are praying about! Lots of great things going on here!! I'll try to keep blogging our progress!!

1 comment:

Davene said...

Eli sounds like a charming little guy!

What are your plans for Life After the Navy?? Anything definite? Want to move to Virginia? ;)