Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year!

ok...so, every year it's some new resolution that i forget by february....i just like making plans to do great things and i LOVE the clean slate a new year brings. my plans this year are a bit different...a bit more personal and a lot more importatn to me!
we have family goals to give us more time with God and more focus on spiritual things. cut back on tv, write 1 sermon together a week...
we have song group goals...because we have been a little lazy in our leadership of the song group here in new orleans and we really want to step it up! 1 new contemporary chorus a month, monthly practices and planning, more special songs...
and then there are eli goals...mainly keeping him on a schedule (thank God for Baby Wise) and turning off the tv because i'm sure it's not good for him.
we have fun goals...to be more active and enjoy the beauty of our world!
and finally, my goals for me...there are a few of them:
1. sunrise prayers on sundays. getting my heart ready to worship and give...and just to invest in the One i have devoted my life to.
2. make friends with unbelievers. i find that my "family of believers" keeps me so busy, i have not invested in those outside...sharing with them the great gift God has given me.
3. Hospitality night WEEKLY!
4. Plan 1 fun event for the women a month...a time for us to bond and enjoy eachother!
and last, but certainly not the least....and definately the most challenging...
5. SURRENDER in everything. i have been so challenged by a book called Victory of Surrender. it is a challenge, but something i am fully committed to!
so, that is everything! it may seem like a lot, but i'm sure with God's help i will accomplish all i set out to do this year!!

1 comment:

Davene said...

Great goals! I know what you mean about being so busy with the family of believers that there's little time for unbelievers. I think that's a very real problem in many churches, and it is in my life for sure.

May 2009 bring you Godly fulfillment in so many way!