Monday, July 30, 2007

Suffering

Romans 5:3-4 "Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that SUFFERING produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope."

Back to work. It is amazing how comforting a little structure is for me. Life at home is quite hectic...and the weekends are full of tiling and installing new appliances. Although, I can't complain. I am never more happy than when I think of living in our beautiful remodeled home. I would just like for that day to come quicker.

This weekend was a productive one. We tied up some loose ends with the bank and finished tiling our kitchen. Now, I just have to fix a problem with the grout and we will be finished with the kitchen floor!

I had a rough Sunday. I am still recovering from my broken heart. Any of you who read this, please pray for Matt and me. We are both handling the hurt so differently, but we are both hurting. I find that I handle the week ok and then I get to church on Sunday and cry-cry-cry. He is just sad. He thinks of it at random times and buries his hurt. I know this chapter in our lives will always hurt, but I also know that everything happens for a reason. And God promises to never give us more than we can handle.

It is so good to know that suffering produces character and hope. I am looking forward to character and hope!!

No comments: