Sunday, November 29, 2009

Toddler Wise

It's hard to say what I learned from the book Toddler Wise by Gary Ezzo. The first two books (Baby Wise and Baby Wise II) laid out a clear plan for getting your infant to sleep through the night and be a pleasant and happy baby. Both worked fabulously on Eli and have been a huge blessing to our home and life. Toddler Wise on the other hand is a book more focused on the individual toddler and the individual home and parent. Mainly, the book is about how to make your beliefs and goals for your child a reality. We all have different beliefs and goals and will all work towards a different end because of that fact. The formula is Belief + goal = WHY + How = Solution. They gave ideas for each of the 4 blanks in the equation, but, because we are all different (and every toddler is different), did not calculate the equation for us. I would like to know how you stop a 17 month old from biting his mom or throwing a fit at the store if he can't roam free. I have to praise Dr. Ezzo for not pressing on me a required discipline program for Eli, but it does make things a bit harder to have to make that decision myself! I need Dr. Ezzo or some veteran mom to come help me out on this one!! :o)

No comments: