Thursday, March 6, 2008

Week 21

It is with great joy that I announce that we have officially entered our 21st week of pregnancy!! YEAY! and to top it all off, my body is doing just what it should! My cervix is holding, even with pressure...It is almost like I don't have an incompetent cervix at all. Thank God!! We still have a few weeks to viability (starts at week 24), but with everything going the way it is...it looks like we will go far beyond our original expectations and have a full term birth!! (Ok. I may be getting a little ahead of myself, but I can dream, can't I?) Dr. Morris is very encouraging and says that he will be so excited when I can reach 28 weeks (certain viability). Then we can have baby showers and start painting the nursery!!

Your pregnancy: 21 weeks

Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. His eyebrows and eyelids are fully developed. And you can certainly feel him move. He's oblivious to your schedule, though, so don't be surprised if he starts working out just when you're settling down for the night. If you're having a girl, her vagina is formed now, though it will continue to develop until birth.

No comments: